Dear clients of Cobequid Animal Hospital,
The health and safety of our clients, your families, our team, and our community are our top priority during this Coronavirus outbreak. Our primary goal is to remain open so that we can provide the necessary care for your pets. In order to do continue to provide services, we need to keep the team healthy and minimize exposure to the virus as best that we can. As a result, we have decided to implement stringent protocols to facilitate this. Please review these protocols prior to calling or emailing the practice:
- All currently booked preventive care appointments and procedures will be rescheduled.This includes annual examinations with/without vaccinations, complimentary pet wellness exams, and elective surgeries (spays/neuters). Please be aware that one of our team members will be calling to reschedule for a later date.
- Prescriptions and food purchases will only be provided using our DRIVE THRU WINDOW located on the South side of the building adjacent to the staff parking lot.Follow the arrows on the pavement and there will be a sign over the pick-up window.There is also a buzzer at the window to alert the team.Please call in advance for prescription refills and food pick-ups and provide payment with a credit card over the phone.Debit will be available at the window if necessary.
- Due to potential shortages of supplies, we also ask that you provide 2-3 days notice for medication refills and food purchases, and please avoid stock piling.
- As of March 17, there will be no public access to the building. We will remain OPEN as long as this is possible and our staff remain healthy.Your pet will be collected from your car and brought into the practice for their exam.All communication regarding your pet will be done over the phone.
- If you are not feeling well in any way, if you have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days, or if you have interacted with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you have a family member or friend bring in your pet or collect your medications and food.
- As well, we will continue to increase our disinfection protocols to minimize virus transmission. Do not be alarmed if you see staff wearing full protective gear. No staff member is currently sick.
Thank you for your patience as we adjust to this new method of operation. We will provide ongoing updates on our facebook page or email.
The Team at Cobequid Animal Hospital